Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Day 36. Made for a Mission

Day 36. Made for a Mission

I thought I would start today in the middle: “You mission gives your life meaning.” That’s what we want isn’t it? A life of meaning. To be redundant, life would be meaningless without it.

To continue in the middle, the middle purpose was “to become like Christ.” I’m reading another “five” book, The Five Secrets You Must Discover Before You Die. The middle secret is “Become Love.” Izzo (Five Secrets) quickly points out that the love he’s talking about is not emotion, but the choice we make for one another to create and build relationships. Jesus said, “A new commandment I give you that you love one another.” Jesus demonstrated love through relationships with God, with the twelve, with disciples, with even the unloved. Finally, Jesus demonstrated his love for me (all of us me’s).

Become love, become like Christ, find meaning through mission. Do I really believe that Christ died for me? Do you? Do we really believe that he could love us that much? And that he expected us to respond in love for one another, even the unloved? What could be more meaningful that bringing another to an eternal relationship of love of God in Jesus Christ?

“As the Father has sent me, so I send you.” (John 20:21 NRSV)

Holy Week is coming. It would be a great time to reflect on “Become Love,” “Become Like Christ,” “Find meaning in mission.”

How will you respond to “so I send you”?

May you "become love,"

Rick

No comments: